Doctor Science Knows

Monday, October 13, 2008

My Favorite Martian Economist

So my favorite economist won the Nobel-ish Economics Prize. Why is Paul Krugman my favorite economist?

1. As Patrick Nielsen Hayden said, for "his distinguished work in the field of Being Right".

2. He became an economist because he wanted to be Hari Selden.

3. He knows Doctor Who.

4. He quotes Monty Python.

5. He posted a LOLcat at the New York Times.

6. He wrote a paper on The Economic Theory of Interstellar Trade.

7. He writes as though his readers aren't dumb.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • I wonder if you could post in the comment thread at Hullabaloo that digby has also banned me (in addition to Jill Baines and I assume some others now).

    She seemed to be playing with the idea for several weeks.

    I think its dishonest to do this stuff in secret; people get the false impression that divergent political views are permitted.

    It's sad about Hullabaloo; the comment section used to be full of different views. These days its usually a bunch of yes men hi fiving digby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home